<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday • Austin Antique Mall

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thrifty Thursday • Austin Antique Mall





Austin Antique Mall
address : 8822 McCann Dr.., Austin, TX 78757
hours :  Sunday - Saturday: 10am - 6pm 



I've visited the Austin Antique Mall a few times since moving back and every time, my eyeballs turn into giant hearts as I spend entirely too much time looking around.  This is the perfect example of gigantic antique mall, stuffed to the gills with booths full of antiquey-vintagey goodness!  A few of the independent vintage shops in Austin made their start at this mall before branching out on their own.  It's a true institution.  

I had to pare down my photos quite a bit because there's just SO MUCH to see...but I think you'll like what I picked out.  Take a peek!

My first stop is always to the right and to the Thelma & Louize booth.  They've always got such kitschy and unique things!  Giant marquee letters, boots and knick knacks you didn't even realize you needed.

Cat shelves!  I showed restraint and only brought one of the home...but omg I wanted them allllll!

It really feels like this antique mall goes on for days.  You'll definitely spend at least a couple of hours poking around in here.

Along with the copious stock of antiques, there are a couple of booths that specialize in mid-century.  One vendor in particular is near the front desk and they've lots of fun things for your 60s home.


This is my most favorite booth in the whole mall.  It's all vintage sewing notions, dead stock patterns and gorgeous trimmings!  I'll being doing a post just on this amazing vendor soon.

There's no lack of signage here.  Mostly more popular letters...I didn't find any H's when I was there (I've been looking for a good H for our home), but there's definitely plenty of others to choose from.

Player piano rolls!  There were stacks on stacks.  I love looking through all the titles and imagining what the tunes would be like.




So the moral of the story is, go to the Austin Antique Mall.  I didn't include a lot of shots of clothing, but wanted to make sure I mentioned that there's plenty here.  Lots of kids toys and vintage clothing, too!  It's one of my most favorite spots in Austin and a great place to just wander and really admire all the history that's there. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home