<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: A New Obsession

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, September 08, 2012

A New Obsession

So I've tried to learn to crochet a couple of times and each time I got pretty frustrated because I just wasn't getting it.  But, when I found out my cousin was expecting his first baby, I wanted to make something really meaningful that he and his family could have forever, so I decided to pick up the hook again.  Pinterest has been the biggest help and I've got an obnoxiously large board full of inspirations and tutorials.  After watching countless videos and going all @_@ trying to learn how to read those crazy patterns, I had a few granny squares under my belt and serious problem with buying yarn.  I've still got to piece the rest of the blanket together (I totally picked the hardest way to do this completely inadvertently) and send it along to their now 1 week old little boy.

Whilst learning and practicing, though, I've made a few different scarves for friends and most to keep (because I already had a pre-existing condition of collecting scarves).  Here's what I made!

Scarves
Scallop edge
Circle scarf
Sassy puff stitch
Crazy youtube tut scarf
At the doctors...yeah...I'm that person.
Crochet commute
New cowl and Turk's opinions
Crochet_Kittens

Also, the cats are the worst helpers ever.

Right now I'm working on some of my own patterns and designs and hoping to get into a couple of craft fairs this holiday season.  There's a big one in DC that I'm pretty sure I won't get into, and the deadline for application is in about a week!  I've already got my fall color palette for this first collection and I'm feverishly making up samples and hoping to get some stuff shot soon!  Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Great news! And I love the scarf in the second picture:D Scalloped edges like that always get to me!

And good luck;)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Lol said...

Can you please make a pattern on the second scalloped edge scarf please? xx
kellyberrie.blogspot.com

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger InMyLittleWorldOfThoughts said...

Hi, Loving your page but I was wondering if you had a pattern for the grayish scarf you are wearing that has the pretty edges with the middle being (from what I can tell) double crochet stitches. Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home