<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: This bitch is stitchin

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, June 07, 2007

This bitch is stitchin



So I've been thinking about finding craft fairs and such to set up a little table and get my craft on. I did one over Christmas that wasn't fun at all, so I have my reservations. That one was not organized well...they sold spaces but neglected to tell the sellers that tables weren't included. I feel like that would be an important detail to impart. The people in charge did find some, but they were weird circular ones that weren't any kind of appropriate for selling. Lost money that weekend, but I guess it was a good experience.

Anyway! A couple of friends of mine that run Alicia's Anime (pls see link thnx) said I should get a table at an anime convention. Why the hell not, right? It would be perfect. I love all things Japanese (trying to learn the language now...it's a slow process lol) and most of my merch is nerdy and asian to begin with. Perfect. SO! I decide to start big with Otakon. Something like the largest anime convention on the east coast. But, me being me, it can't be a smooth process. I have to sign up for the con ($50 on a tellers salary is teh lame) and then register for a table (another $70 for the weekend). Too bad after the first $50 is spent I find out there are no tables available and I'm on a stand-by list. No good! So keep your fingers crossed with me because I haven't heard back about more tables becoming available. I'm definately going to keep my eye out for more conventions like that tho.

On that note, I've been working like crazy to get some good inventory for the three day event that is Otakon (if I can go). Sewing has been the main priority and I have some new stuff to show you! I haven't listed any in my shop...I want to have as much as possible for the event. Check it out and let me know what you think!




















Also: My Sleepy Tea Cup photo made it in a super sweet treasury!


More sewing, buttons, and hopefully cross stitch coming soon!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Blogger Pretty Fun said...

You and I have the same tastes in fabric. I have almost all of these.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home